Layout

Mar 11, 2016

Happy birthday to me, nobody likes you when you're 23.

Though it may seem like it, this is not a poor me post. It's inspired by something that every 90's kid should understand, and that is: 
  • There are several songs essential for particular birthdays
  • One of those songs is 22 by Taylor Swift. Obviously.
  • Another is What's my age again? by Blink 182
If you're sadly unfamiliar with the song, here's a slightly inappropriate music video to fill you in. You're welcome?

So yesterday I turned 23. It feels so old. My mom thinks I'm going to have a melt down when I hit a "real milestone" birthday as she says. Truth be told, for the last two years, I've struggled with my age for exactly 1 month and 6 days after my birthday. And then I'm fine again. Why 1 month and 6 days you may ask? Because that's how long my husband and I are the same age. Stupid, I know. But I like my man being older than me. So from March 10-April 16th while we're the same age, I struggle. But anyways! This blog post is about all of the fun we had together yesterday! 

It started out with me telling Brayden the night before that I was allowed to sleep in until 10:00, but not any later. And while I got up and got ready, he went out and got me a breakfast burrito and sodalicious. #truelove. 

Finally we headed out the door and up to Payson Canyon! We couldn't go up too far, because the stupid winter gates are still closed, but we drove as far as we could, and then geo-cached our way back down. And I have to say, we had quite a lovely day. 

 I was really enjoying the effects my lipstick had on Brayden's face :) And we found a geo-cache somewhere near this sign...
 We took a trip down Lover's Lane...
 And found this gem. It's a coconut carved into two gorillas. Hanging from a tree. #nbd
 I spotted this guy!
 And Brayden found this one! He reached up and grabbed it. I had to climb.
 It was a beautiful day!
A beautiful day that included snow...
 And most importantly, the love of my life. 
There may or may not be a geo-cache hidden somewhere in this picture as well. 

After geo-caching, we went to Red Lobster and I had my favorite crab-steak-salad-mashed potatoes combo. So heavenly. And then we came home and had cake and ice cream with family and friends! So I can't actually say nobody likes me now that I'm 23. I felt lots of love yesterday. And today, I really loved on the left-overs of my cake. And ya know what, I have ZERO shame about it. Because it has been a very long time since I've had my traditional funfetti cake with rainbow chip frosting. You know the stuff. The magic was taken away from this beautiful earth and then brought back after several long, depressing years. Shame on you, Betty Crocker. If you think I'm talking about the disgraceful funfetti frosting with the sprinkles on the top, you are gravely mistaken. Here's what you've been missing out on: 

Now go get some! You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment